Thursday, July 13, 2006

Snippets from life after Perth

Graduated, boarded the plane, came home, bummed.

That was the sequence in which my new life as a Degree holder and aspiring working adult started.

I graduated before #2 and #3 so I was the oni one who came back. They came back 6 months later..(Hor? 6 months right? I dun remember).

Anyhow, as a new graduate, I was very gung-ho in looking for a job, not because I wanted to be gung-ho.. it was more due to my mom's incessant nagging. So I'd scan the papers daily to see if there were any openings for Journalist, PR Exec, Writer, Assitant Editor and shit like that.. sometimes, even Sales and Marketing stuff also I sapu.. all kinds of 'kau see, lap sap' also I apply.

But dunno why I neh kena layer cake selling like Mr. Chan wor.. Mr. Chan ur damn lucky to be able to get layer cake selling experience ok.. Ur the ONI one among three of us to have that kinda experience.. Selling layer cake.. where to find? Hahaha.. ok chill.

Ok so back to my job.. Calls came, interviews carried out.. but still to no avail. Then... suddenly, I got a job offer from a friend of a friend. I went for the interview and freaked out when I saw my future boss. Lemme describe her to you... *ahem*

Job #1 - Account Servicing Exec (Advertising)

Imagine, a 40 plus year old lady. Not married. Single. Her dressing, I'd say.. borders on being butch. She dun do skirts. She does pants only and they have to be black. She has short short hair, dyed blonde. She sports a ring on EACH finger... mind you.. ALL 10 fingers got ring one.. and she has more earings than erm.... I dunno who to compare with.. aiya.. she got a lot of earings la.. so much so that.. I think if I pull one the whole lobe will come OFF. Yeah.. so that was my FIRST boss. Scary eh? Haha.. trust me.. she dun oni look scary.

Honestly, I hated this first job of mine. The pay was low, the hours were long and well.. the environment wasn't condusive for learning. The good thing about this job was that it gave me insights in how advertising worked.. because at that office.. everybody has to one-leg-kick.

Anyhow, least to say.. I din last long. Longer than Mr. Chan's layer cake selling stint.. but still not long enuff. Hahaha.. Moving on......

Job #2 - Copywriter (Advertising)

Now, Job #2 was a good one. Again, I was introduced by a friend, who became my boss. This time, I ended up doing writing. Very different from my last job. This job.. was fun man.. hahah.. we worked hard and we played hard.. for the first year, we practically stayed at the office. It sucked.. once in a while, but over all.. I felt it was worth it. Besides.. it is here that I met the love of my life.. *everybody say awwwwwwww...*

Anyway, I lasted 2 years with this one.. towards the end, the job wasn't fun no more.. so.. it was time to move on.

And now....

Job #3 - Web writer

This one.. is the best so far.. haha.. See for yourself la.. All my cam-whoring pics.

Last year's Christmas party at Flam's..



My best fren in the office.... sorry Mr Chan.
But I share panties wit her now.. dun sad ok?

There are actually more pics... but.. stupid blogger won't lemme upload. Dem kanasai.. Ma hai took me like few days just to figure out how to upload 2 fucking pictures.. TULAN!

Dun care la just post oni.

Till I figure out how to upload more cam-whoring pics.. Here's EX Housemate #1 a.k.a Juls - tea addict signing off...




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

work sounds like fun at your office... ish ish... but try not to get too close to your bestfriend.. later you fcuk buddy jealous... and ppl might think you are lesbo... haha!!

but do call both me and mr chan along if you guys are planning to 'buat benda'. wanna record it down and post it here... haha!!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey hey..
what layer cake here layer cake there??..trauma lar..drop it already ok??

but anyway, if given the chance..will you try for one day??..selling the cake?..just to see how it feels like..

i think we should..the 3 of us..tag along nigel and ej and kenny and clarissa...all 7 of us..we go sell cake..

i can foresee:
1) disaster from Nigel
2) EJ will be eating the cake himself at the corner while we are selling
3) Kenny will be carrying those loads of cakes while
4) Juls will be selling..persuading and chasing ppl around with the cake..."eh eh..buy lar...10 bucks only...mahai".."wei..nia sing..dun run lar.."
5) Je will say "this is soo stuuupid..can we go yam cha now?"
6) Clarissa will be doing her "ballet" thingy with the cakes on her hand while jules is selling..

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too late Je.. I think the whole office aready thinks we're lesbo..

I dun intend to buat benda with her.. but should I get SO drunk one day that I just dunno what I am doing.. u might receive a call from me.. AFTER I realised I terbuat with her.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home