Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Perth Aftermath...Mr Chan first Job..

My first job wasn't as professional as Juls and Je or as i expect it to be..My second job takes me off to the level of professional i'll say..

I can only share Jul's and Je's first job experiences briefly and i will have to let them go in detail on their first job experience here..

The reason why i can only share their experiences so briefly is because that there was some communication break down for a moment after perth. Guess we are all busy with our individual schedule and jobs.

i keep in touch alot with Jelita on MSN and sometimes we meet up for coffee and also because of the "brotherhood" of broken mountains with Je's boyfriend Mr E.J.

To EJ: Dude...i lost of my fav. underwear lar...izzit in ur room aR?..if you find it...pls return it to me ok??..DUN WASH IT...the smell is priceless..!!

I did not really keep in touch with Juls..not even on MSN..only once in a blue moon either me or her will leave a message.

i dunno why..but anyway...Juls in perth and Juls in KL are two different kind of ppl...and of coz...i love Juls the way she is now!!...Keep it up yo!!...Rock On!!..

An as for Je..she has been the same..and she is still our "mom"...only fairer and got prettier...*ahem...* - thanks for coffee Je..but seriously...u go plastic surgery??..coz i remember there's once EJ was very broke. He said that he has used a big sum of money on some surgery..but anyway...i told him no worries...we are the sworn "brotherhood" of the broken mountain..i will take "care" of him.

Do stay tune for "The chronicles of the brotherhood of "break your back mountain" - a new recruit in the brotherhood ring will be introduced - Nigel a.k.a Rupert a.k.a Heartthrob.

I am really glad that we got close again - with Je, and Juls - thanks to MSN. MSN, stupid messages, hot juicy gossips from Je has kept our bonds of housemate together again..and growing .. keep it up!!!..

and as for now..i will share with you my first job experience...most of you know the story..how detail of it i do not know but what the heck..

Let's start off by putting #3 out of the picture for a while..

After Perth, i was bumming around for a short 1 month or so..was not in a hurry to get a job as i wanna take some break time myself...party as hard as i can..coz i know..once i start working...i do not have much luxury of time to party the way i wanna..

Mom: are you gonna get a job?
Me: ..i think so..why?..
Mom: when?
Me: soon i guess...why?..
Mom: do you know what time izit now?
Me: 4 pm?..why?
Mom: and you just got up from bed since yester-night?
Me: since this morning actually "pai seh"..why?..
Mom: look in the mirror and u'll know why..
Me: ....As i stroll stonely to the bathroom..look myself in the mirror..."..damm..i look like crap!.."obviously...i have not gotten enuff sleep...i did not shave in days...did not cut my hair...kinda look like "SLASH" from GNR..nostril hair dangling from my nose..have not trim that in days too...and i smell like a dead carcass..it was not a pretty sight..very very disturbing..

i told myself..well..maybe its time to get a job...

so..clean myself up...got a hair cut..and now when i look into the mirror..i called the cops.."hello?...police....??....i need help!!...there's a handsome man in my house... .... .... oh wait... ... ...that's me.."

Finally i can see some "smiles" on my mom's face after days of her grumpy mood..bought myself a copy of "the star" and after browsing thru the news..(yea right..c'mon..how many of us actually read the news in detailed??...like what the PM do today...this company having a scandal with that company..politics....well if ya do...probably a nerd...to be honest...i just browse thru the paper very quickly and the only news would stop me are those titles or headlines which consist of "rape"..."murder"..."severed"..."ah long"..."killed".."kidnapped" and "sex" and of coz..sports...not the local one..)

was going thru the "classified" pages for job vacant that suits my area of knowledge..my area of knowledge:

1. bullshitting..
2. more bullshitting..
3. extreme bullshitting..

then i came across this small tiny add:

" IT EXECUTIVE - Exp Salary 2000 - 2500. Fresh Grads are encourage to apply. pls call 03-XXXX XXXX or send your resume to bla@bla.com."

Hmm...fresh grads are encourage to apply..hey..that's me..!!...and so i send my resume to the email stated in the ad and do a follow up call the next day to confirm that they have receive my resume.

That's not the only job that i've applied for..there's lots more..but none came back.

a month later..some company call me up for an interview and it was the company that i've called to confirm on my resume. I was happy. Looking forward to the interview and was very nervous at the same time as this is my first interview.."like a virgin...touch for the very first time...like a ...viiirrrrrr........iiirrrrrr..gin..."
...
...
...
The office was in PJ - sec 13 - some industrial park i supposed...the office itself was located inside this so called "business centre" but it sure don't look like one as the place is not occupied..i would say around 80% not occupied. Anyway, it took me around 20 minutes to find the office.

Made a few calls to the office for direction and it got me there. When i was about to go into the office..i can see thru the glass door of the office that there's at least 20 or so other applicant waiting for their interview session..some girls (one of em' was pretty hot..and i swear she peep at me so many times and at some point i can feel that she is stripping me with her eyes...sigh...a hunk like me is hard to resist i guess...*ahem..*..*cough--bullshit!!*..)..mostly indian dudes..( these guys are good in IT..and they are BLACK..dun get me wrong..i'm no racist..but there's one guy..he's so BLACK..blacker than black black..even when a nigga pass him by would say "now that's a black motherfucker right there..."..and i;m not surprised that his shadow got confuse sometimes.."am i following you or you're following me?..what the fuck is going on here..??" ...). I thought to myself.."that's it..how am i gonna compete with these ppl here??...i'm a fresh grad and they look like some experience fucks..." and so i was getting more nervous and my heart's pumping faster.

As this is my first interview...and i have not work in a office before..i was clad with a pair of jeans that i have not wash since the first day i bought it...almost 2 years..a collar T..and a pair of sneakers..where as the rest of the applicant..formal.

Some went into the interview room and came out in a short 15 minutes screaming and shouting saying that they got the job and this has just make my day worse...a few more applicant going in and out of the place with joy and sorrow and finally...my name was called.

"Mr Manson..your intervewer is ready to see you now"

I was nervous..sitting down on a chair with cold sweat dripping from my forehead...in front of me here's an ashtray...and the intervewer was the boss and yet a smoker..kinda young looking fella - around mid 30s judging from his look

"do you smoke?"
"yes sir.."
"have a stick.."
"thanks but no thanks.."

the interview session started out with some casual self introduction. As i mentioned that i just came back from Australia..

"really?...which part of australia" - he sounded pretty excited about it..
"perth sir.."
"which part?.."
"Curtin University..in Bentley.."
"well...whaddaya know?..he said excitedly "..i graduated from the same place back in 19.. (some yester-years...cannot remember)
"wow..great..!"

And the conversation carry on mostly about the things and life in perth and Curtin.

Come to think of it we do really talk about the job description..all i could remember from the conversation was the salary..

"RM 1200 for a start..after 3 - 6 months (probation) and we will revise your pay based on performance..."(you cheap son of a bitch!!!...RM1200??...but i need a job to get more working experience so..what the fuck..RM 1200 it is..)
"so does that means i'm hired?"..
"yup...see you next monday..we'll start off by some "industrial training"

As excited as the rest...i end my day with a big relieve and a big "thank god" and a big smile on my face and i can hear a music playing in my head..

"what the world....is now..is love...sweet love..."

As soon as i got home..i told my mom about the good news and on the same night..SHOPPING!!....shoes...slacks...shirts...belt..can't wait for monday...

to be continue...

I'm Mr Chan signing off - ah Ju Ju...you dun understand..Ju Ju..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*knock knock* Would you like to buy a box of fully imported layer cake from Indonesia?

hmm... mr. chan, i think you need to elaborate on that... for the rest of you.. do stay tune for more exciting career growth.. (like there's any)

good start for life after perth. lfie's a journey... enjoy the trip..

after this career thing you might wanna blog bout juls getting married first and so on...

gosh! life story arr now?!!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO Noooo....get the fuck out of my face..i dun wan any of your layer cake.!!!

hahahaa...

hmm yea..good idea...Juls will definately get married first lar...she's desperate for it!..ehehhhe

then comes Je...hahh

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah right... say la.. say some more.. I tell u.. the person who keeps on saying will be the one who gets married first..

Mr Chan.. if u get married first ar.. I'll never let u forget it for the rest of ur panty sniffing life man!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahhahahah...those who often deny will always be the first one ler..and i have prove ok??..

a friend of mine..william..just like u...denying...and now?...getting married this year Nov.

so Juls..u dun have to remind me dee coz i will be the last one.

i remember once u tell us that u wanna get married with Kenny ok?..go register or something..can someone clarify?

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home