Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Je's first job

When I first returned from Perth, I have no intention to start work immediately. I applied for a few jobs while waiting for my graduation. Until I finally had my graduation ceremony that I start really look for a job. My first job was pretty interesting I would say because I get to meet people of different characters. Some came to me because they just want to appear on TV or print ads. Others come to me with the reason to be a star. We accept anyone as long as they have a good personality and character. As explained earlier by Mr. Chan, as long as they have the necessary criteria for the position, we'll take them, try them out to see whether they fit that role.

So, how did I come to know about this position? The usual, flip through newspaper, try to get lucky with any job. In fact, I went for several interviews before I get offered in this casting agency. And the funny thing is, I did not even apply to work as a marketing person there. It just happened. Haha... Not quite. I was recommended this job actually by #3. Earlier on she went for an interview at this company in Taman Tun that got her her very first job. She then recommended me to the big boss of the group of companies. So I went and met up with him. Talk a bit. Laugh a bit. The usual stuff. Since he has met #3 and know that we both graduated from Curtin, there's really not much of an introduction to make.

Before long, I was offered this job in another company dealing with talents whilst #3 worked for a production house. In other words, both me and #3 were colleagues after we graduated even though we work under different companies. Thanks to #3 who kept us close. We'll meet up quite often though we do not share the same office. She worked at Taman Tun and my office is situated in Phileo Damansara 1. I usually go over to Taman Tun for meetings and we'll proceed to lunch, shopping and other stuffs. That was the kinda life after Perth. Sometimes we meet up after work to catch up some more together with Mr. Chan. I'll leave #3 story to Mr. Chan if he would like to talk bout her in another blog.

Getting up early for me wasn't entirely a problem because I only need to get up at 8am, change, have breaky and leave at 9am. Work starts only at 10am. So it wasn't that hard to adjust. Only thing I miss was the time spent lepaking in shopping malls, catching good movies on a weekday afternoon, yum cha at anytime of the day and napping. I guess there come a time where everyone needs to grow up and a new chapter is written.

We tried meeting up with Juls. But with her busy schedule as a copywriter in Rapp Collins, that wasn't possible. Because she writes well, she's always in high demand. She'll write and rewrite and rewrite some more till her fingers worn out. Besides, her part time job as an artist, I mean as an object to be drawn by artist takes up even more of her time. Hence, even lesser opportunity to meet up. But thanks to the world of technology, we can keep everyone intact. We can communicate while we work everyday. Gossip bout things even though there are nothing much to gossip about. Create our own stories, blog bout our simple life and update each other bout the happenings in our own life and the lives of the people around us that we know.

Now that we are more stable in our career, meeting up was not really a big deal. Only need to inform earlier. Please refer below on the timing each of us need to meet up:

Mr. Chan: Immediate notice
Je: Almost immediate notice
Juls: 1 month ahead of time

Seeing that some of us need earlier notice to meet up, that helps us to plan ahead of time to ensure that everything will turn out smoothly. Grown ups have so many planning to do. Sigh! Gone are the carefree days. But it really helps us to mature except for Mr. Chan who was a clown, who is still a clown and who will always be our clown.

That's the kinda life we are having now.... Stay tune for more.

This is ex-housemate no. 2 signing off - Take care of yourself ... and each other

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...yes yes..
i'm the clown huh?...very nice..

hahahah..juls outkast lar...1 friggin month notice!!..and that's just for yam cha..i cannot imagine if we are having plan to go Genting Highland!!...not mentioning further places like tioman or langkawi or redang or penang...

i cannot imagine if its overseas!!!!..

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

definitely agree with you, mr, chan.

dun forget our date, juls. we are to fly to perth again when we hit 30. u've got a few years to prepare yourself for the trip back to memory lane... so jangan kata lupa la, cannot la and all the other excuses... keke!!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dun worry.. sudah inform.. sudah dapat approval. So ok la.. will see u at Norman Street when we're 30.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea yea juls...
we'll see about that...

and i'm not surprised that only me and je will be there at Norman St ler.

"Guys...sorry lar...i cannot make it lar...i need to breast feed my kids lor..."

"oh..which one?"

"Kid number 13 lor.."

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just bring kid no. 13 to perth as well la. after all, we've seen you in and out juls.... especially mr chan who's worn your panties so many many times....

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home