Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Chor tai ti

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon. The housemates were stuck at home. It's kinda different in overseas country. Sunday is a rest day and I mean literally resting at home not going out. Shops will be closed except one or two stores. So... nothing much to do at home on Sunday...

Mr. Chan, sitting in the hall alone, obviously sitll traumatized by his shopping experience with #3 yesterday. Merv and Juls fighting for the comp again as usual... #3, strolling with her babies. Me? Thinking what to prepare for dinner... still too early anyway... Seeing that everyone is half dead or going nuts... I decided to call for a very important meeting...

Je: Guys... I suggest we gather togehter and play chor tai ti..

Mr. Chan sprint from his seat obviously healed from the trauma. Juls stopped fighting with Merv and #3 stopped walking and start shuffling a deck of cards...

Juls: Err... There are so many of us here...
Merv: I did not say I want to play chor tai ti also... hehehehe... I wanna continue my diablo..
Juls: #$%@!!!
Mr. Chan: Sshhh... I want to make sure my feng shui is nice... stop interupting my thoughts..
Juls: Kanasai!!

Everyone finally sat down around the table. Mr. Chan always sit at the far end of the table nearer to the kitchen, Juls on the other end nearer to the glass sliding door and my usual seat will be facing #3 as my back face the wall.

*Kraaaaa kraaaa... shuffle shuffle*

Mr. Chan: Eh, faster a bit can anot??
#3: You shuffle la you so pandai...
Mr. Chan: Hehehehe... kidding only la... You doing a good job there...
Je: ....
Juls: .... (SSDD - same shit different day)

Je: Hah!! Got 4 Ti's... so I win this round la...
Mr. Chan: NO! Who set the rule? No one... so we'll just continue playing...
Juls: Err... Dowan can anot? My smallest card is 10 wor...
#3: Continue playing la Juls...

In the end... Je wins la DUH!! Dun win arr... shy man... #3 lost so have to shuffle again....

The thing about playing chor tai ti is that if you lose the game, which means if you have the most number of cards in you hands... you have to shuffle the cards for the next round. Hence, if you have really small cards.... the smartest thing to do is to throw as many cards as possible...

After a few rounds of winning and losing and #3 constantly shuffling.... the game is starting to feel a bit bored now. In between the games, the housemates were seen running to and fro the toilet to pee...

#3: After this my turn to pee...
Mr. Chan: Pls shuffle and give out the cards before you go...
#3: @#$!%^
Juls: ....
Je: .... (SSDD - same shit different day again)

#3 gave out the cards, went to the toilet to pee...

Mr. Chan: Eh eh... lets see her cards...
Je: Cheating wei??
Juls: Pls may I have tai ti?
Mr. Chan: Don't have la... tai ti is with me...
Juls: Ace of spades?
Je: It's with me...
Juls: What card she has??
Je: *Open up all #3 cards* Nah... choose yourself...
Mr. Chan: Kanasai... her cards not nice wan....
Je: Hahahahaha.....
Juls: I want 10 of hearts.. Now got tong fa soon d...

Tong fa soon actually means..... save me the time to explain... just google.

*Krooonnnggsshhhh*

Je: Wei... she's done la...
Mr. Chan: Kanasai!! I dowan three of diamonds la!!

Obviously all the housemates pretend like nothing happened when #3 return from her pee....

All of a sudden... Mr. Chan burst out laughing....

#3: What's wrong? Are you ok?
Je: *starts to giggle* Errr... still traumatize... not fully recovered yet I think...
Juls: *laughing* Ya ya... he's still in shock...
#3: *Looking at all of us with a suspicious look* Don't tell me you guys exchange your lousy cards with mine...

#3 picks up her cards and starts browsing through her cards... Slams them on the table...

#3: Bunch of idiots.... Such lousy cards... Think I sooo stoopid the continue the game and shuffle again??
Mr. Chan: But but... I did not change also... I saw the cards.. .not nice... I put back lor...
Je: *still laughing* Not your day la today... our cards nicer then yours la...
Juls: Err... I only took your 10 of hearts... give back lor... Can I have my 4 of clubs back?
#3: I aint gonna play this round of game. You guys saw my cards!! And I aint gonna shuffle too... Dear, you shuffle..
Mr. Chan: Why me??? I did not take your cards also...
#3: I belive you are the one who came up with the bright idea... so do it
Je: ....
Juls: *giggles*
Mr. Chan: Kanasai...
#3: baby-p and baby-h, we shall punish your dad tonite...

And so, from that day onwards, anyone who goes to the toilet will bring their cards along... in case history repeats itself...

By the way, where is Merv when all this took place? He's playing his diablo on Juls comp, using Juls mouse and Juls headphones... No wonder he's oblivious to the surrounding...

Till next blog..

This is housemate no. 2 signing off - Take care of yourself and.... each other

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha.. yeah the toilet thing stuck after the whole Mr. Chan's brilliant idea of swapping cards thing.

It's a good idea to bring the cards to the toilet too. saves time re-arranging the cards. Can do it while you poo or pee.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well... it sure does save time re-arranging the cards... but it sure stinks too... hahaha!!

i din noe you kena the swapping card thingy as well? hahaha!! but it was all good eh?? :p

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahhahaha...another phobia - card swappingshizcoprehnia..

don't google it..u won;t get it...its a new term in Manson Dictionary..

when we go back to perth, we shall play chor tai tee again...hehehe///only different is there aint #3 there...coz she's still strolling around the dining table...

*knock knock*..Hi..i am david thamb..

#3: *still strolling around the table...*..*krik kruk..*krik kruk..*krik kruk...*

...
...
SSSC - Same Shit from the Same Camel

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home